Clearing the browser from all the links to cool tools and content for today.
Microsoft’s marketing in Europe has gone viral with “Megawoosh”, a video demonstration of a super water slide stunt by German “Projektbüro Kammerl”. The Megaswoosh, we are told, is the most unusual waterslide in the world, conceived and designed by Bruno Kammerl. It’s all a stunt to promote Mach Es Machbar, a German site featuring Microsoft Project software. The site shows Bruno using Microsoft Project to show the development of the Megawoosh project, from conception to completion with a 35.2 meter jump on a specially built Soft Slide.
- Strobist Website
- Wide angles lenses advert – very funny
- Jasmine Star Photography – Cool wedding photographer blog
- Express TimeStamp Toucher – very excellent free utility that works on vista to change date and time stamps for files. One of my daughters camera does not timestamp the photos it takes properly – and it cant be changed. So if we import them with date taken instead of date imported the dates on the files are all wrong. This tool was a nice easy way to change them all in a batch process. And its free and has no viruses!
- Interesting article about the Russian economy
- Logitech Vid – this one is pretty stupid actually. I am recording it here to simply predict that this is a application destined to failure. This is strange for me because i am pretty much a Logitech fanboi. However in this case they are doing something really really stupid. The basic premise of Logitech Vid is a simple video communication app – and its free if you have a Logitech webcam – but if not you get a 30 day trial and then have to pay for it. And that is why it is destined to fail. I have a Logitech webcam on my desk at my main machine. However my laptop has a built in cam – why would I pay for it so i can run it on my laptop as opposed to my desktop. My parents have a Logitech webcam (I gave it to them) but my sisters are all on laptops with built in webcams – why should they have to pay for it. At the end of the day Skype has the video communication market cornered – it works, its free and – well it just works.
- “Harrass a Booth Babe”: A Twitter Contest Too Far? Booth babes again. I have talked about booth babes previously – and I will stand by this comment – if you need scantily clad women to sell your product, then maybe your product sucks. This contest by EA has gone way to far and I think it is an appalling idea. Most other commenters agree.
Bookmark/Search this post with